Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sprod
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Speed drop if left alone

Go to solution

Having exactly the same problem...... BT Infinity installed 12th June 2012- a modem and a BT Home hub connected using wireless and ethernet cable, the engineer confirmed up to 39mbs speed possible, probably about 33 - 36 mbps likely on my new iMac. Sure enough speeds around 33mbps have been achieved in the following weeks. However speed drops to between 0.5 and 0.75mbps occasionally for no apparent reason. BT Helpline in the process of doing the usual checks but no problems found so far!

No solution as yet except the "restart the BT Home hub 3 type B" every time it happens almost once a day at different times!

No mention that others are having the same problems and for some time it would seem. Don't BT ever analyse the customer problems to spot a trend and solve the problem once for everyone!

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Hi

See these external pages for more useful info

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2012/06/bt-infinity-uk-working-hard-resolve-super-slow-fttc-bro...

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2012/06/super-slow-broadband-bug-hits-uk-bt-infinity-fttc-subsc...

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/networking/2012/06/22/bt-fixes-bug-that-cut-super-fast-broadband-down-to...

and the oodles of threads on here affecting 100's I suspect. The actual scale maybe more than we know because once it was seen to be affecting a lot of people the BT speedtest site added extra instruction to tell people to restart their router BEFORE doing the test - helpfully covering up the slow speeds  - nice one BT.

Rob

0 Ratings
Sprod
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Great links! I will now be able totell the BT Help line the full facts about my problem when they ring back in an hour or so!

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Glad to help ... please let us know what they have to say when you quote things ot them ... I will go with the response that they don't know anything about it. Remember, one customer was told that "it's normal ,Sir" ti have ot restart/reconnect the HH3 every day or so. No it's not, mine has been fine since May 17th with IPP 65megs. That was the last time I got a disconnect via some remote poke at my hub. presubably by BT.

Rob

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

guess what, after my system being completely stable and fast since 17th May, I too find that it has been poked bt BT in the early hours

02:21:48,29 Jun.  WAN connection WAN4_TR069_INTERNET_R_ETH1 disconnected.[ERROR_ISP_TIME_OUT]

and now my speed has dropped to around 1 meg ...  This drop is absolutle and definitely associated with that remote poke.

My firmware is still V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B and has not been updated, so what was this poke all about???

Also, my IP Profile which has been stable at 65 megs since 17th May has dropped to 49.92 ...  I guess I need an engineer visit to get on the phone to get it reset? I feel a call to India is in order.

Cheers,

Rob

0 Ratings