cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icepuffin
Contributor
Message 31 of 39

Re: Speed dropped below 1mb

Not sure now what else I can do, I need some advice as to how I now progress this. I have asked if my line can be checked from BT side? Is my router faulty? 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 39

Dis you actually change the channel to 13 and then leave it and see if you can connect and if it is any better?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
icepuffin
Contributor
Message 33 of 39

Yes I did, but it was worse.

0 Ratings
icepuffin
Contributor
Message 34 of 39

So, how do I progress now, how do I know if the router is faulty, and how do I go about getting line checked, I have tried a line check, but it keeps referring to a closed broadband issue, which I assume is because I have been trying to sort out the speed.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 39

if you think router faulty then you need to phone customer services and get a replacement which should be free as long as you are in fixed term contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
icepuffin
Contributor
Message 36 of 39

contacted customer support about a router, a foreign chap took details , even phoned me said he would come back to me once he had spoken to technical department. still waiting , i think he may have forgotten?

another question, - sorry - will my 'live chat ' be logged against my account.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 39

have you tried a speed test using a wired connection yet if you have what were the results
0 Ratings
icepuffin
Contributor
Message 38 of 39

Yes John.I have posted it speed test timed out.

also never heard back from the BT customer service chap, and have been away for a week - very disappointing response.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 39

You need to get on to customer services again and get replacement hub. Looks like last person just did nothing aft your call an all to regular occurrence 

0 Ratings