cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxrpg
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 18

Re: Speed dropped from 16mb to 4mb - HELP!

I reported the fault and its stuck at #4 'close to customers property' and im just waiting for someone to get intouch with me now.

Something went wrong at the exchange do you think? ...cant be my phone socket surely.   I wonder what it could be 😕

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

a fault on the copper network somewhere between the exchange and your home
maxrpg
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 18

Just wanted to update you on this.  You were correct it was a problem with the copper network the engineer spent a few hours trying to find where the fault was and he was as baffled as I was for a while but after loads of tests he discovered that "the cable between my property and the exchange box had come loose under ground" (his words) so he sorted it out by "putting me onto a better line" (his words again) and now the problem is fixed 🙂

And he really wasnt kidding when he said he put me onto a better line because take a look at my speed now:

sshot-165.png

That is a HUGE improvement but im a little confused as to why BT didnt put me onto this "better line" when I first ordered broadband in the first place...but im not bothered im just happy to get my line working again so thanks for all your help and hopefully you wont see me again lol 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

took a bit of effort but with mod help you got a good results - enjoy Smiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

that looks much better a new set of hub stats would be interesting for a comparison
0 Ratings
maxrpg
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 18

This is my latest hub stats im not sure if its any better? lol

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 12:51:33
Downstream18,276 Kbps
Upstream1,184 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)3.8 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)24.5 dB / 12.8 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.7 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)41880535 / 4294967264
CRC Errors (Down/Up)137 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)63
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

still maintaining connection post back in 24 hours please so we can compare
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

connection a lot better withe crc/hec/error seconds looking ok for 12Hrs connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings