Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Speed dropped

Hi,

Last Sunday I phone customer support about my broadband speed, it has dropped from 8MB to under 2 MB, they had me doing all the checks and still nothing, I was told it was being referred to level 2 support and that they would contact me in 24 hours.

I also raised the issue by email, tonight I eventually had a response telling me that the issue was sorted and I should now be getting 8MB again!  They say that I'm getting 8MB sent down the line but I'm only

Guess what I am not, I'm still only getting 1.94MB, They say that I'm getting 8MB sent down the line but I'm only getting 1.9MB at my computer no matter if I'm connected via ethernet or wireless!! Where do I go from here? The customer support just keeps going round in circles.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Speed dropped

Can you post your router stats and also run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results. From your description it sounds like profile down at 2mb and could be stuck

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

Speed test results:

Dowload speed (Mbps): 1.92

upload speeds (Mbps): 0.17

Ping Latency (ms): 308.25

ADSL Line Status

Connection information
Line state:
Connected
Connection time:
5 days, 04:50:10
Downstream:
8,128 Kbps
Upstream:
448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI:
0/38
Type:
PPPoA
Modulation:
G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:
Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):
7.4 dB / 23.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):
27.5 dB / 15.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):
19.8 dBm / 12.1 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):
0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):
211 / 29
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):
HEC Errors (Down/Up):
532 / 13
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):
0 / 0

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
 Download  Speed
 1.92 Mbps

0 Mbps2 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.92 Mbps  For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.  Additional Information:  Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)  IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Profile stuck at 2mb so when mods reads your post they will offer assistance

Stats look good for 5 days connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Thanks, hopefully get this sorted soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Mods will get it fixed - it is happening a lot with good 8mb connections like yours. Just wait for mods to contact you probably post here and give you a link to contact them

Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Hi Aligr26

Send me an email using the contact us link in my profile you will be able to view this in the section 'About Me'.

Cheers

Stuart