cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morthosdbc
Beginner
Message 11 of 53

Re: Speed drops since firmware SG4B1000B316

I swapped out my Smart Hub after the firmware update to see how my connection was and it has remained solid and around 3mb up from when the Smart Hub is pluggedin  (45/8.5).  As soon as I swap back to the Smart Hub the maximum data rate keeps dropping below the connected rate the longer it is connected and generally remains erratic, as well as only giving me a max sync 3-4mb below what I was getting before the firmware update (normally getting 40-41/7.5 while it is connected).

This only started with the firmware update, before that it was stable and would normally give me around the same speeds of 45/8-9 as my other kit.

Not sure what has changed in this firmware update to cause this but either the firmware doesn't like ECI cabinets and is more erratic while connected or it's doing something odd for some connections now.

Line itself appears fine as I'm only getting the drops in speed and maximum data rates with the Smart Hub. With the older OR modem and my own router installed my line acts like it did before the Smart Hub got the latest firmware.

0 Ratings
richard1athome
Contributor
Message 12 of 53

seriously annoying as can hardly run outlook to pick up emails. BT didnt see a casual link between the update and poor performance....but im now told in my case it might be a network issue.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 13 of 53

Hi @richard1athome Thanks for posting the information and sorry you are having difficulty getting this fault fixed.Thanks for your post about your .

If you drop us over your details by clicking on my user name and selecting the contact the mods option, just below my Avatar we will be happy to help you with this. 

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
JasonC
Beginner
Message 14 of 53

I recently had what I would say were bad connection/stability issues slap bang when my router firmware was upgraded to SG4B1000B316. I too thought immediately it was related to the firmware.

Turned out in fact there was a line card issue in a green cabinet. BT recognised this after a good few calls and two engineers, the last engineer who was an actual Openreach engineer (previous engineer was a contractor).

The Openreach engineer read out typical line limits but I told him my line always maxed out to the maximum line speed (75mb/19mb). Even though my line speed was circa 42mb (below OFCOM minimum for Infinity 2) he went on to replace my master socket with one that doesn't require me to use a microfilter and even reterminated the wiring on the outside of my house.

Now, with the latest firmware and fixed line card at the green cabinet my router connects at 80mb with 20mb upload. Fantastic.

So essentially I'm saying a firmware update didn't turn out to be related to my sudden broadband performance and it was in fact a network issue.

0 Ratings
richard1athome
Contributor
Message 15 of 53

So an update... yesterday connection was strong and stable all day. Call from BT in the evening and they wanted to monitor for just another 24 hours. Could not tell me what was done to fix the issue so advised I need it to continue to be monitored because the issue began as intermittent and became the norm. Calling me back tonight to see how today goes. Looking at the number of posts relating to recent connection issues, you would hope this would be fixed before it gets in to the press to a wider audience. Let's see how today goes.
0 Ratings
richard1athome
Contributor
Message 16 of 53

well, after a day of good solid performance, me connection has once again fallen to virtually non existent.
*17:30pm..BT wholesale =20.7mbps, BT speedtest via Hub = 21.9, speedtest.net=20.7, Google = 19.4......
*19:00pm..BT wholesale =3.29!!, BT speedtest via hub 'cannot get a reading', Speedtest.net=0.63, Google = 0.32.

What is going BT? This has been going on for coming up to a month. Do I need to contact the MD or Chairman to get this sorted?

I'm fuming.
0 Ratings
Neil1
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 53

Contact the mods as per the offer earlier in this thread

0 Ratings
richard1athome
Contributor
Message 18 of 53

Hi Neil...I did. Email response advised it could be 48 hours before a reply and I'm not getting anywhere through the chat option.
0 Ratings
Neil1
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 53

Well. From other recent threads the mods are very busy and the usual quote is 3-5 working days for them to get in contact

It's worth looking at their success  rate and taking a deep breath and waiting!

0 Ratings
richard1athome
Contributor
Message 20 of 53

Oh....fair enough. I'm not a shouty shouty person..just very frustrated with this issue
0 Ratings