cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malteaser
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Speed has dropped?

There was a problem with our connection and so we called in an engineer to fix it, since then my sync speed has gone down a bit and my noise margin has gone up a bit, my download speed used to be 4.2 and has now dropped to 3.8 and sometimes just doesn't work even though it doesn't diconnect from the internet, are these stats okay? Or is it someting else? And what are error seconds and is that a normal amount?

Line state:Connected
Connection time:1 days, 02:13:19
Downstream:4.406 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):5.0 dB / 26.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):47.3 dB / 30.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.2 dBm / 12.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 3
CRC Events (Down/Up):23534 / 1
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):10011 / 2
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):4391 / 55
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Speed has dropped?

When did the engineer come out! if it was the last 10 days, very likely they have reset the line and started the 10 training period.  It seems that way with your stats.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php  put your down attenuation in here gives a reasonable estimate.

edit- nothing wrong with your noise margin, imo. This link explains stats- http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats_explanation.htm

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Malteaser
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but it used to be lower and the sycn speed was a little higher, but I think the enginerer did come within the last 10 days, know in this training period? Would this cause web pages to constantly load and applicaytions to disconnect? Because that happened since the sync speed dropped 😛 but the router stays connected to the internet, it says 1 days connected above because I restartedthe router at one point.

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

The engineer would have initiated the training once leaving your home and whatever work he did between the exchange and the home! Very likely the same day. If you are in this period I would avoid any manual resets, as this could push your noise up to the 9db range, which in turn will decrease your speed.

Could you do a BT speed and post.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....