cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaberwocky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Speed issue with new Infinity 1

I switched form Infinity 2 to Infinity 1 approx 1 year ago. I was geting the max avaliable (38 meg down and 8.5 up) with Infinity 1. Last week I was upgraded to the new Infinity 1 and my download speed improved to 44 meg down, which I was getting under Infinity 2.

However, my speed dropped a couple of days ago to 37 down. I checked my modem stats and they seem to imply I am being capped at 38 meg as under the original Infinity 1.

Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 (Type A) Last updated 11/01/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 00:14:56
6. Data rate:9237 / 39186
7. Maximum data rate:9341 / 45278
8. Noise margin:6.1 / 6.0
9. Line attenuation:31.9 / 22.4
10. Signal attenuation:31.3 / 19.8

I tried the online chat helpline but with no success (as expected). Am I being capped at 38 meg?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Speed issue with new Infinity 1

You currently have connection speed of 39mb so not capped at 38mb. Your connection time is only 14 mins was that manual reset or router dropping connection

enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number.  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jaberwocky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

It was a manual reset. Under the original Infinity 1 my connection stats were very similar, i.e. download showed 39990 with actual speeds of 37-38 meg which I understand is what would be expected as the actual download speed is slighltly less than the indicated download speed, as is the upload speed.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Fun and post results from dslchecker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jaberwocky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean)49.335.58.36--Available----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)38.5207.83.9--Available----
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 17--10 to 19.5Available--Yes
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 17Up to 1.510 to 19.5Available--Yes
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available----
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available--Yes
Fixed Rate2 ----Available----
VDSL Multicast------Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

I know what you'll say, that my speeds in within the acceptable range but the point is my line can support a higher speed but is prevented from doing so when I have a very stable connection.

0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Can you post the results from http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ ?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Your sync speed is within the expected range for your line.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jaberwocky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

But why the discrepancy between the actual data rate and the maximum data rate, especially when the S/N ratio? is a good 6dB.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

you just need to reain connected 24/7 and the DLM may with stable connection move your connection speed an bit closer to your attainable speed but as already said you are currently within estimated speeds

0 Ratings
jaberwocky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Thanks. I'll leave my Home Hub attached (I normally use my own router) an leave it on continuously.

0 Ratings