cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisB
Expert
Message 41 of 106

Re: Speed jump

Where have you got this cloud storage detail? It seems that there is only 50Gbytes on Infinity 2 (5Gbytes currently on Infinity 1 but this roll out may increase it) not the Terabyte you're suggesting. 1Tbyte would be worth thinking about but 50 isn't!

0 Ratings
spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 106

i had a message last week to say as a bonus for being with Bt foe 5826 days. my infinity cloud storage would be doubled from 500gb to 1000gb.

i do not use it, as it is to slow having to load every single item up (unless it has changed recently). i have less than 4gb on the clous, backing up my stuff to blu-ray discs, instead.

On infinity 1, my storage is 200gb.

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 43 of 106

I'm on infinity 2 and received an email last week about a free boost, I wasn't aware when I click the link it was for extra cloud storage. 

But my storage went from 500gb to 1000GB. 

Studio_20171003_170242-1428x752.png

As you can see I'm really making the most of it. 😀 

0 Ratings
Billybomber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 106

Infinity 1 customers getting free upgrade to infinity 2 speeds

Hi guy's.

It's great that you have done this. My neighbor is well happy. What does it mean for us on infinity 2. Are we also getting an upgrade ? Or should we downgrade and get the same benefits?
0 Ratings
Neil1
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 106

I got the email yesterday. Speed increase and double cloud storage. It said it was because I had been a customer for 365 days

No date to fix to. I will be told when the increase has been actioned.

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 46 of 106

Re: Infinity 1 customers getting free upgrade to infinity 2 speeds

No body knows yet what's happening or what perks us on bt infinity 2 will get. Have a read through this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Speed-jump/td-p/1780180

0 Ratings
pxr5
Contributor
Message 47 of 106

@conrad wrote:

@pxr5 wrote:

As an Infinity 2 customer, is it worth complaining now, or holding on for a week or two?

What sort of price reduction/compensation do you think they'll offer Infinity 2 customers?

Techically absolutely nothing as there has been no change to the Infinity 2 contract terms/conditions or price.

No, but there has been a change to the Infinity 1 contract, which I shall base my future payments for Infinity 2 on, hence a rebate. Simples.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 106

Good luck with that.

pxr5
Contributor
Message 49 of 106

@licquorice wrote:

Good luck with that.

Probably no chance, but it may be worth a fight. However, knowing how difficult BT are to deal with sometimes could make things frustrating. I do love a good complain.

0 Ratings
spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 106

on Friday (29th sept 2017) i rang 0800 800 150 (which is a U.K. based call centre), https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/1885

and was switched from infinity2 to infintity1, buy a male with a northern accent. i was on for about 10 to 15 minutes. 

he did say my speed would be lowered to the 52mb, but it has not been, and if the help forum staff have not been officially told anything the call centre may also be in the dark.Smiley Frustrated

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings