imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 91 of 106

Re: Speed jump

your max data rate should be the same regardless of package so I would keep watching it as it should go back to where it was - maybe after increase to new infinity 1 levels it will reset.. if not then engineer visit I think

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 92 of 106

I suspect the change of package resulted in a 'soft' DLM reset and removed G.Inp. Give it a few days for G.Inp to kick back in.

zebie31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 93 of 106

thanks for all the help, you are all very helpful here 🙂 

0 Ratings
spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 94 of 106

now approaching  3 weeks since the implimentation date of my downgrade from infinity 2 to infinity 1.

having checked today at 08:00 bst, speeds are still 74.94 & 17.25

in other words, no change, apart from the money saved on the downgrade.

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings
Billybomber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 95 of 106

Still nothing of note on offer for those of us paying the higher tier
0 Ratings
spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 96 of 106

my infinity 1 speeds are still 74.96 & 17.31, some 6 weeks since i dropped down from infinity 2

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings
Geoffhailz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 97 of 106

Only a month ago I upgraded to Infinity 2 to get the faster speeds.  It now appears that if I had stayed on Infinity 1 then I would have got the same speed at a lower price.  I have just rung BT to ask what they are offering existing Infinity 2 customers - and the answer is effectively "NOTHING".  They have doubled the Cloud storage, but I never use that, anyway ... and thats it !!!!!!

Its good news for Infinity 1 users, but does BT not realise ( or care ?) that their premium customers are going to be mega upset by this move ?    

Infinity 2 customers have been paying a premium to get the top speeds. Why do we have to pay that premium for a service that is now the norm?

Either this was not thought through properly, or BT have callously decided simply to milk Infinity2 customers until their contract runs out.

0 Ratings
Dave859
Contributor
Message 98 of 106

Spot on with that post, my infinity 2 FTTP contract comes to an end in march, staff on help line said I wasn't allowed to lower my package until then. Fact is we are paying more for the same service and it's not on.

0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 99 of 106

Yers but if you lower your package will they lower your speed?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 100 of 106

no but you may find that the deal offered on renewal is actually cheaper than the deal you get offered for downgrading to infinity 1  I know this sounds crazy but may well happen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings