cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 81 of 106

Re: Speed jump

my problem with infinity 2 now, is that it is too fast.

I did my stuff in the morning, for 30 mins, and it was done. I rarely used the internet after that, apart from low level surfing.

For the price difference, I don't mid waiting am extra 20 mins for the morning stuff. if it doubles to 160mb, them it would only take around 15 mins to do my stuff!!! that what would I do with the rest of the day?

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 82 of 106

@spacepilot wrote:
my problem with infinity 2 now, is that it is too fast.

I did my stuff in the morning, for 30 mins, and it was done. I rarely used the internet after that, apart from low level surfing.

For the price difference, I don't mid waiting am extra 20 mins for the morning stuff. if it doubles to 160mb, them it would only take around 15 mins to do my stuff!!! that what would I do with the rest of the day?

Take up a hobby?

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 83 of 106

@Dave859 wrote:
It's about 2 new FTTP services that open reach are about to start selling to BT that mirror the speeds of the new g.fast service that's also about to go out of trial soon. BT don't need every FTTC customer on g.fast straight away as that's going to take time but the FTTP folk could be upgraded straight away, that would be enough to warrant calling infinity 2 up to 160/30.

Your post message 78 talks about what is planned for Infinity 2 customers. they are on FTTC so why make reference to FTTP products and then above  "that would be enough to warrant calling infinity 2 up to 160/30 " which is still FTTP.

So what is planned in the short term for current Infinity 2 customers especially since g.fast will take some time ?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 84 of 106

I'm going to make the suggestion that BT have discovered that those on Infinity2 don't use anything like their maximum speed and therefore removing the cap on Infinity1 customers won't require any extra bandwidth to the cabinet. With only one flavour of FTTC, savings can be made in not having to administer and manage 2 levels of service. Just my 2pennyworth

Dave859
Contributor
Message 85 of 106

I'm sure FTTC customers that can't get g.fast will be automatically downgraded to the now up to 76/20 infinity 1. Who knows now quick these g.fast pods can be done, one thing's for sure is open reach have set a pretty high target by 2020 so they must have a lot of areas in their plans.
0 Ratings
zebie31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 106

i just downgraded from infinity 2 to infinity 1, will i still get the increase in speed over the next few weeks?

Also when i was on infinity 2 i was getting 

Data rate:
14.95 Mbps / 45.86 Mbps
Maximum data rate:
15025 / 54057

Noise margin:
6.1 dB / 6.3 dB
Line attenuation:
19.1 dB

now im getting:

Data rate:
9.99 Mbps / 45.79 Mbps
Maximum data rate:
15015 / 45461
Noise margin:
9.6 dB / 5.7 dB
Line attenuation:
19.2 dB
 is it normal for the maximum date rate to drop 10mb just cost i went to infinity 1? i don’t understand why im not getting the 52mb as thats what i was getting when i was on sky fibre max

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 87 of 106

looks like you are on old infinity 1 pacjkage with 10mbps upload speed your download is same as was before. your line does not appear to have been upgraded for the new infinity 1 levela yet  I would still expect the attainable speed to be same on either package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
zebie31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 88 of 106

Thanks, by attainable speed do you mean “max date rate”, i was wonder why it had dropped by 10 mb and was that normal? so you think that sometime in the next few weeks i will be upgraded to the new infinity 1, as i wasnt sure if they would give me it as i just downgraded? i was wondering if the drop in max date rate of 10 mb was a sign of something wrong with my line as the max data upload hadnt changed?

0 Ratings
Raislander
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 106

It could be that when the speed have been changed the DLM has started to work again, give it 3-4 days, don't touch the line, keep it working, if you don't get back to normal speed, then turn off the router leave it for 30 mins off, and switch it on again. 

If you had before 52M, you should have the same speed after the upgrade as well, seems that you are not yet in the 80M/20M profile.

zebie31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 106

thanks, ya i was on sky fibre max and was getting 52mb then moved to infinity 2 and speed was 45mb which it has been since even after downgrading to infinity 1 which i was also hoping would reset every and maybe get the 52mb back. the thing i find worring is the max data rates above and the way they dropped by 10mb, should i just ignore those stats (the sky router never had it) only the sync rate so i dont fully understand what max data rate means
0 Ratings