cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJI
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Speed keeps dropping badly

Changes from 35Mbps to about 1Mbps every few days.

Resetting the homehub and modem (same mains socket) usually fixes it.

Currently it is really bad and a speed test does not even complete.

Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
StuartH
Message 2 of 8

Re: Speed keeps dropping badly

Hi MJI

Send me an email using the link in the 'About Me' section of my profile we can raise a fault and get this investigated for you.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
kpghost
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I am having the same issue, reported a fault, had an engineer check the line and replace the master socket front plate, all to no avail. Many posts here suggest that the homehub is the problem, but so far BT has refused to check that last piece of the puzzle. 

Could any of the moderators please comment on the issue with some more details? I am getting the strong feeling that BT does not know how to solve this problem and is desparately trying to keep all troubled customers on hold for as long as they see fit. Would be kinda nice to simply admit that, instead of requiring us to spend day after day on the phone with technical support people who insist on running the same useless speedtest over and over again. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 4 of 8

Hi Kpghost

I can have this looked at for you, we'll need some more information so send us an email using the contact us link in my profile.

You can click on this link in the section 'About Me'.

Cheers

Stuart

0 Ratings
dersam
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi

Lots of people with the same issue, have a good search on this forum and dont be fobbed off with Openreach engineer visits.#

If you have a Home Hub 3 revision B ask BT to send you a new modem (site this forum if you need).  They will send a revision A and your problems will go away.....

It took me 1 month to get them to send a new HH and if they had done that on day one I would not have had 4 Openreach engineer visits and would not have had to threaten to leave whilst in contract.

0 Ratings
kpghost
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for that. I have an appointment for engineer number 2 but will now call them to send a new hub immediately. 

Again, would be nice if BT would just confirm this, looks a lot more professional than what they are doing now...

0 Ratings
kpghost
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

To keep you all informed: engineer number two came out, could not find a fault with the line either, but was happy to swap my revision B homehub for a revision A (as he did not have any other ideas on how to solve the problem either). 

Have only been running for about two days with the revision A now, but haven't seen the speed dropping anymore. I think we're onto something here...

Now if only BT would simply send out revision A hubs to anyone reporting this issue... Would have saved me a lot of hassle.

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Well, mine was doing it for ages on and off since November, often for weeks on end, having to reconnect all the time ... HH3 type B.

Now, it's all fine and nothing has been changed at my end at all ... been great for 13 days now ...

It might be that the firmware in the type A can cope with the modem resyncing independently of any HH3 provoked action.

My drops coincided with a remote poke at the modem by BT followed by a resync - then the HH3 didn't play nice and the speed dropped, even though the IP Profile was just fine.

Fingers crossed ...

Rob

0 Ratings