cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Speed problems, with contradictory stats.

Go to solution

your noise margin is high at 19 as normal about 6.  I expected after 3+ days  connected for it to drop 3 or 6 and your speed to increase but looks like there is still a noise problem on the line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Ruddney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

thats why I included the pingtest.net test, it tests for packetloss, and there wasn't any. Thus surely this is still a problem on BT's end with the ip profile nonsense?

We expect slow speeds here, but this is pretty rediculous; and has happened several times over the last few years with the exact same numbers we're seeing here. I just don't think its right that BT should charge me the same amount of money for a 8MB user, then let me sit here for a week or more with speeds comparable to dial up.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

as I said before the problem is the noise on your line which is keeping your speed down.  the profile cannot rise until you can get you speed increased

contact the mods by completing the form and include a link back to this post and they may arrange an engineer http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Ruddney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Did the link on the 2nd, taking in to account that it was the weekend, how long will it be til they get back to me? (ballpark estimate)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

if I had not had a reply from mods by wed morning then I would send it again - but it's up to you