cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Speed slows down after 6pm

hey i seem to notice that after 6 my speed drops down to 3 meg till about 11 12 at night then it goes back to normal again why is this

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Speed slows down after 6pm

I have same issue on the Carstairs Exchange. I have opened a fualt with BT they have openreach coming out tomorrow to check the cabinets. Maybe you should raise a fault too.

0 Ratings
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

was it you i spoke with few weeks ago i said i was on lesmahagow exchange

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Yeah I think it was, there is a guy called StephenM on here he may have spoke to you as well he is on the Lanark exchange

0 Ratings
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

strange were all from the same kind of area with the same problem

0 Ratings
Mcal100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Dazzarfc12 : Check out post re Carstairs as this has been going on for a month or more.
I think it may now be fixed as I'm tonight gettingdownload of 59mbps whereas last night it was only 5mbs
0 Ratings
derekdel
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

No It's still not fixed! 1 pm on a Sunday download speed of 4.23 mbps on a fibre line. BT need to get their finger out as I first noticed this at the start of Jan 15. Fault has been reported via my ISP but by the time BT have finished making you jump through hoops to make sure its not the clients equipment time does drag on a fair bit! At least my ISP speaking proper english!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@derekdel

It is Openreach that supply and maintain the fibre network not BT it is down to your ISP to take the matter up with Openreach
0 Ratings
derekdel
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Openreach are a BT group company, whatever or whoever owns/runs the draconian infrastructure I care not. Problem has been logged with my ISP, thanks for the heads up.

0 Ratings