Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
grahamstaddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Speed woes ongoing

How long does it actually take BT to fix a fault?

I reported an ongoing slow speed fault back on the 14th of april, did all the standard tests that would be expected of a gomeowner etc etc.

So the fault was escalated and I was told that it was a fault at the exchange cool I thought, not so though,

if I check fault tracking it says we believe your fault is fixed, well it isnt and the status is classed as ongoing.

Ive had almost daily calls asking if my speed has improved to which I reply it hasnt and then they say well we're still working on it, so why ask me if Ive seen any difference?

4 weeks now and still my speed tests say the same

Downloading at 1.9meg

Ip profile of 2meg

But my router sats connected at 8meg.

Confused and fed up now

😞

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Speed woes ongoing

can you post the adsl stats from your router and results from btspeedtester please

sounds like your profile is stuck but need information first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
grahamstaddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Btspeedtest unavailable as Ive run one within the hour, dont have a homehub as it died years ago and use netgear now.

BTspeedtest always shows ip profile of 2 meg

ADSL LinkDownstreamUpstream
Connection Speed8128 kbps448 kbps
Line Attenuation31.0 db17.0 db
Noise Margin7.3 db19.0 db
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

you need to go to 192.168.0.1 and then enter router manager then go to router status and then show statistics at bottom and post 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

can you post the others

wan

lan

wlan

including connection time

0 Ratings
grahamstaddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

PortStatusTxPktsRxPktsCollisionsTx B/sRx B/sUp Time
WANPPPoA1073336147097703183914117:55:43
LAN10M/100M125494986968803268337117:57:19
WLAN11M/54M/130M417290302706083186117:56:52

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

your profile is stuck at 2mb so you need to contact the mods and they will get it kicked into action 

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you  may take 5 days with current backlog and holiday weekend

your profile should be 7150

0 Ratings
grahamstaddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Which is exactly what ive been telling the kind folks in India for the past 3-4 weeks and still nothing changes

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

well contact the mods with the link and don't bother with India anymore.  there are numerous posts like yours where the mods get it fixed   try search

0 Ratings
grahamstaddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Thanks, Ive just done the form fingers x'd

0 Ratings