cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cr4ckf0x5teve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Speeds Dropping

My download speed has dropped from a steady 76Mbps to 52MBps, with my IP profile at 58?

Uploads have dropped from 19 to 16 (IP profile at 20), ping at 31.

I've had a couple of droputs recently (power cuts).  Does my IP profile need resetting??

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Speeds Dropping

your IP Profile is set by your connection speed just leave the connection alone and given time the DLM will increase your speed automatically a stable connection is the important thing
0 Ratings
cr4ckf0x5teve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks John.  I've recently recontracted and it seems coincidental that I'm now seeing speed issues? 

The connection has been very good until the last week or so; indeed if I go to the "My BT" site it "can't find my account details" so I can't report a fault (if there is one).

Am I right to be cynical that my IP profile is 'just' above the threshold for an Infinity 1 service?

I'm usually happy with the service, but the speed seems to have dropped very quickly.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

As I have already posted your IP Profile is set by your connection speed not the other way round your connection speed can be found in your hubs stats you just need a stable connection and your speed will rise automatically as the DLM sees the connection as stable
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 12

Please post your full Router Stats. For a Home Hub see on here: Broadband Top Tips . Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Router Stats 20171107.png

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Your DSL uptime is 29days, so there doesn't appear to have been any dropouts. You are connecting at 60Mbps which appears to be as good as you will get judging by your noise margin. You may have experienced a drop in speed due to the crosstalk effects of further connections to your cabinet.

cr4ckf0x5teve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

How come I've consistently got 70+ speeds in the past?  Have they filled the cabinet and there are capacity issues?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Its not a capacity issue, that doesn't affect sync speeds, but it could possibly be a crosstalk issue.

XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

There, your IP Profile is, as normal, 96.8 % of your sync speed of 60.34 Meg = 58.4 Meg. As pointed out it just follows the sync speed at that rate. So no resetting of it is necessary, to answer your OP.