cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
threads123
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Speeds below expected for line

I upgraded from ADSL 2 to Infinity one around a month or so ago. The BT site and agent on the phone who I spoke to quoted me to expect speeds between 22-31mbps. When the engineer (contracted rather than BT openreach) arrived and connected me the HH5 connected at 16mbps and has remained between16-19mbps since.  

Why is this so different to the estimated speed range given? I am a bit disappointed as currently this is not that much faster than my old ADSL! According to the bt dsl checker at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ my speed is that of an impacted line. Is there anything I (or BT) can do to see the speeds advertised?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Speeds below expected for line

can you post the results from the dslchecker?  not everyone gets the speeds shown under 'A' many get 'B' speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
threads123
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 03.55.58 PM.png

Also, not sure how relevant it is but my ADSL was sync'ing reliably at roughly 11000kbps before I upgraded. To only increase speed to (currently) 18000kbps is a little disappointing

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

your adsl is distnace from the exchnage whereas fibre is distance from the cabinet so has no bearing on your fibre connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings