cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enzaraen123
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Speeds outrageously slow, can't play online games + use youtube simultaneously

I recently got a new PC, I first started using dlan and it worked fine for a while apart from a few outtages for around an hour at a time which I made a thread for. I then bought a wifi-card because I needed stability rather than speed (as speed was fine for me at this time), wifi ping was very inconsistent so I bought a 30m cable and hooked the pc directly up to the router in another room, when i'm doing nothing but on a game, my ping's at around 30-40ms in an Italian based teamspeak, when I use youtube it goes up to nearly 1000ms if not higher.

Speed has overall went down from around 800kb/s to 100kb/s (at best).

Oh and I refuse to speak to anyone on the phone that I cannot understand.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Speeds outrageously slow, can't play online games + use youtube simultaneously

Can you pop your number into here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com and paste the results please.

Can you also post up the connection stats from the router.

Finally can you run the further diagnostics test here http://speedtest.btwholesale.com using an Ethernet connection and post the results up here also.

Once we know that information we can start to get an idea of what may be the problem.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Enzaraen123
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: Speeds outrageously slow, can't play online games + use youtube simultaneously

0 Ratings
Enzaraen123
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I also just realised I'm in the wrong section, I don't have infinity so a mod, please move me to ADSL/Copper Broadband Speed/Connection Issues

0 Ratings
Enzaraen123
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

If you have a hh4 then you need to go to troubleshooting then logs/wan and post 2 lines of stats together showing connection speed and noise margin and will be when you hub last reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

This is a public forum can you remove your number

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings