Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
texia08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Speedtest confusion

Go to solution
latest bt speedtest. 1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 109 Kbps 0 Kbps 250 Kbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 109 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50 Kbps-250 Kbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :7.14 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

your profile looks stuck at 135 so contact the mods to get it sorted 

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
texia08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Fixed thanks, but it tppk 3 weeks!!!

see below

Thanks for your email. I’m really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve had a look at your results and can see that the last test was run on the 12/04/12. Can you please try running another test and drop me a reply with the results. I need you to do that so I can check how the connection is performing. Once I have the details we can take it from there.
=========================================================================

Response (xxxxxxxxxx)    17/04/2012 02:31 PM
Hi Derek,

Thanks for your email. Your test results indicate an issue with your throughput, actual connection sped, so I’ve raised a fault to our suppliers to get it looked into. For your records the reference is VOL011-**********. Initial testing will take 24 - 48 hours. In the meantime are you able to try another hub / router? I’ll check the fault progress for you and I’ll update you as soon as I get anything. I hope that’s ok for you.

======================================================================

Response (xxxxxxxxxx)                     18/04/2012 04:17 PM
Hi Derek,

Thanks for your email. I’ve checked fault report and our suppliers have advised on resetting your profile which should get it beck to where it was. The order will close by midnight tonight and once completed the connection will go through a 10 days stabilisation / retraining period during which you should try to leave the hub on and connected. Let me know how it goes.
=======================================================================

Thanks for your email. I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve run a few tests and can see that the last speed test run by yourself was on the 20/04/12 and indicates a throughput, actual speed, of 4.7 meg. My tests also indicate that your profile is currently 5.5 meg. There haven’t been any drops. Can you confirm that the connection is running ok for you?

I still don't understan what caused the problem.  I know it wasn't me.

But it's fixed

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
the problem was most likely caused by line noise causing multiple disconnections of your hub but as your connection is now stable there should be no further problems the disconnections could have happened when you were not on line
0 Ratings