cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Splitter for DV hub output. Feasible?

Changeover to DV was a couple of weeks ago. I bought a set of BT premium phones but have had many problems getting them to do anything more than make and receive calls.

Out of interest, I plugged my trusty Panasonic base unit into the hub. It worked, as did its 3 satellite phones.

So I could have 3 reliable traditional phones working or 3 new BT phones, not working to their potential. And my wife prefers the BT ones.

But what if I plugged a BT splitter into that green socket? I had one, I did it and it seems to work!!!!!!

Obviously only one answer machine could be on at a time but could there be hidden pitfalls to this?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Splitter for DV hub output. Feasible?

@SlowRob 

I cannot see any issues with a splitter, as modern phones only use a tiny amount of current from line, and need very little incoming ringing voltage.

Message 3 of 8

@SlowRob 

are the premium phones you bought for DV or normal connection to socket as normally you get either 2 essential or 1 advanced phone on changeover to DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I opted for one advanced DV phone. It also works at the same time, since it doesn't use a wired connection to the hub, but does seem to conflict with the premium phones. It is difficult to hear what the voice is complaining about, with 7 phones ringing in the house 🙂 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

not actually for DV but look very similar to the DV advanced phone prior to addition of Alexa

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 8

"Not for DV"! Funny, that wasn't mentioned in BT adverts, or by BT staff I spoke to.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

probably no mention o f DV as the vast majority of BT customers do not have DV

0 Ratings