cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

St. Asaph

The Queen has made my town of birth into a city for her jubilee. I am unsure how this affects my position with regards to the line of succession, but It's a boost, surely?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: St. Asaph

@Guyincognito76 wrote:
The Queen has made my town of birth into a city for her jubilee. I am unsure how this affects my position with regards to the line of succession, but It's a boost, surely?

You never know, HM the Q might make you a Lady of the Knight!

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 3 of 7

Congrats to the people of St. Asaph and the other new cities... Perth and Chelmsford I believe?

Does this mean you will now have a more regal signoff in your forum posts guy? 😉

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Apparently as I only spent the first six hours of my existence in the city, then I am not entitled to any regal rewards.

They've closed the hospital now, so my daughters were born in an even smaller town nearby.

Here's one for you history fans though. The hospital I was born in was named after a more famous local than I, HM Stanley; he who uttered (or not) the famous words, "Dr Livingstone, I presume?".
0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 5 of 7

Ah well... perhaps on a visit by the Queen you could ask for a regal upgrade! 😉

Good fact to remember for a pub quiz...

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
asj968
Message 6 of 7

I too was born in HM Stanley Hospital - a former workhouse.

Although I always thought St Asaph was a city giving that it had a cathedral......

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@asj968 wrote:

Although I always thought St Asaph was a city giving that it had a cathedral......

It's a common misconception that Anglican cathedrals must be in cities and cities must have Anglican cathedrals. In the UK there are 13 towns with cathedrals and 18 cities without.

Have a look here (needs updating): http://www.lovemytown.co.uk/Cathedrals/Cathedrals.htm.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings