cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Stadia controller connection issues

Hello,

I have bt fttp. I have the home hub 2 and I have a number of extender discs.

I'm using a chromecast ultra with a stadia controller.

I've been having a lot of issues with connecting the controller with the chromecast (it connects to the WiFi no problem). Every time I go to use stadia I have to re-pair the controller to the chromecast over and over before it finally connects. This can sometimes take 15 minutes of power cycling the controller and going through the screen pairing process over and over. 

I've been in touch with Google and after various suggestions like turning smart band switching off on the bt hub 2 they ended up sending me a new controller and chromecast. The new equipment did not fix the issue. 

The one thing that seems to fix this for a short period is to reboot the router. This allows the controller and chromecast to connect instantly and appears to be working perfectly but regularly after about 15/20 minutes the controller will lose connection with the chromecast. It's then back to the seemingly random process of trying to reconnect the controller with the screen. 

There seems to be quite a few people with the bt hub that are experiencing the same issues as per this Reddit post

Are others experiencing difficulties with the stadia controller and chromecast?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Stadia controller connection issues

Like others I've been able to completely solve this problem by turning off the 2ghz band.

Although this fixes the issue I'm sad that the bt smart hub 2 and stadia can't work in harmony. This stuff should just work. 

0 Ratings