cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Stanby Power

I have tested the standby power on Eco Low and  it is approx 16 watts( I can hear a very slight hum possibly a fan or hard drive)

According to the note that came with the box it should be 19 watts, but on the BT help screen it suggests the power for the Eco low should be ~5 watts.

My box is new and the Manufacturer software is 8.7.0, Component software 1.1.11, Platform 257 and ISP config 27.

My question is, is my new box OK, which is correct the note(19W) or the help screen(~5W) if, as I suspect, the note is correct, another software update will be required.

As an aside when the box is set to High Eco mode(<1w) as well as the long wait to boot up, the through coax connection to the TV disappears, which could be a bit annoying if you want a quick look at something, this problem is not insurmountable, I will insert a splitter in the coax downlead and feed TV and box separately.    

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
guilbo
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Stanby Power

How good is your tester? I have one which never registers anything under 18 watts when there is a current flowing so can't really be used to test anything under that.

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Accurate, I would say, I just tested it with a 3W lamp - tester reads 3W, 7W lamp - tester reads 7W and an 11W lamp and the tester read 11W.

All of the readings were taken when the lamps had warmed up.

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

This situation is unchanged, the BT help screen still says that in LOW eco mode the power should be ~ 5 watts, I have checked this, in standby, at all times of the day and at no time is it lower than 16 watts.

Does this not contravene the trades description act, and at the very least the misleading statement in the Help screen should be removed.

My software is at the latest issue 12.7.10 etc
0 Ratings
TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Daidb00 ........... my through connection to the TV still works fine with the 'extra low' standby power mode.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings