cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borisbathtime
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Standard BT Exchange speeds just get slower and slower

St.Athan exchange, Vale of Glamorgan, S.Wales - Over the last year the speeds I am able to get from my broadband connection are just getting slower and slower. A year ago I could just stream video (important since my business deals in this medium). However, now not only can I not stream video, I have trouble doing the most basic of internet business. Not only is my line speed slow (2mbs tops) but it drops out all the time.

I know it is not my service provider at fault or my house lines because all my neighbours are having the same problem and are with differing ISP's.

It must be that the exchange is getting steadily more oversubscribed and can no longer handle the amount of work it is being asked to do.

I think that my only option (and others in the area) is to completely ditch the BT landline and opt for mobile internet. The speeds available on mobile internet using a device like 3's MiFi arent fantastic but they should at least blow my BT connection away.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Standard BT Exchange speeds just get slower and slower

As you have stated that you are a business user, then try the Business forum here http://business.forums.bt.com/

they are more likely to be able to help you, as this forum is for domestic customers of BT Broadband.

0 Ratings
borisbathtime
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Ha thats quite funny. Because my BT line and bill payment is classed as residential, BT business wont deal with me. Now I am told to go to the business user forum - pretty standard - you get used to being shunted from one person who cant help to another.

Anyway, lets give it a try eh ?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I think it was the reference to use for business that it appeared you were a business user.

Is Bt your current ISP or is that you have a BT phoneline but another broadband provider?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

borisbathtime

I agree with imjolly's post your post does imply you are a business user if your broadband is provided by BT then we may able to offer you some help

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings