Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Started with 60-70Mbps now at 45Mbps

Hi

About a year ago I regularly received between 60 and 70mbps download speeds on my infinity 2 package

now i get only around 45mbps. I don't use a home hub, I now have a draytek 2860 with latest BT firmware.

Can someone take a look at my diagnostic log and tell me if there is anything obvious? thank you.

BT speedcheck suggest i should be getting around 60-70mbps.

BT.png

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Started with 60-70Mbps now at 45Mbps

Connected to the master socket or the extension socket?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Connected to the extension socket downstairs in the front room. Master socket is non functional. The master socket is in the bedroom and we wanted it removed since it's not being used. BT engineer that came here said the master socket in the bedroom could not be removed and that it's being bypassed. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the drop in speed. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Certainly sounds possible.

Is there no dial tone when you plug a phone into the master socket?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

OK, so i paid the £130 for an openreach engineer to come out and swap the master socket and re-route some telephone wiring. I also upgraded my package to the new BT Infinity 2 discounted rate and I am still only seeing 46Mbps Downstream rate on my router. I should (and have) been getting 60-70Mbps so I'm very disappointed with the speed.

Can I get someone to reset the DLM and whatever else may be required to re-sync the downstream rate? I turned off my router overnight but this also made no difference.

thank you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Can you put your number into here http://dslchecker.bt.com and post a screenshot ofnthe result please.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Image 5.png

There you go, thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Can you remove the faceplate from your newly installed master socket and connect the router to the test socket behind the faceplate using a microfilter and repost the connectiom stats from the router?

If the speeds don't increase then you need to call 08001114567 and raise a slow speed fault, requesting an engineer visit.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

No change. I have requested a hub 6 to troubleshoot this further. Will report back.

0 Ratings