Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattUK
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Static IP

Hi,

Has anyone successfully managed to obtain a static IP on BTI residenitial service?  I really could do with a static IP, but dont want the business service.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Static IP

It can't be done I'm afraid.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Only on Infinity Buisness.

@MattUK wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone successfully managed to obtain a static IP on BTI residenitial service?  I really could do with a static IP, but dont want the business service.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
MattUK
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thought I would ask.. we have some consultants here from BTengageiT and they all have them, but I guess internally they can swing things.

Note to BT.. please offer the option to at least rent one!

0 Ratings
dcullum
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

@MattUK wrote:

Thought I would ask.. we have some consultants here from BTengageiT and they all have them, but I guess internally they can swing things.

Note to BT.. please offer the option to at least rent one!

Dynamic DNS works ok though...

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
MattUK
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hey DC..

I've been looking at those, configured up dyndns and no-ip, which is fine if i want to use their URL, but I want to keep the whole domain.  I was looking to see if I could transfer the domain across to them, no-ip dont host co.uk domains, not checked dndns yet, maybe they do and that might be a good solution.

thanks

0 Ratings
TazDevil1674
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Once you subscribe to DynDNS, you can use a 'CNAME' record to 'map' your real Domain Name to the DynDNS one eg:

(as 123-reg) would use)

home.mydomain.co.uk.   CNAME   myhouse.no-ip.com

This means the home.mydomain.co.uk will always point to the DynDNS hostname which the HH3 router will keep updating and keep active/live

I use no-ip.com and have set this up.  All you need is to have access to you DNS for your domain

0 Ratings