Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 91 of 132

Re: Staying Logged In?

===================================================================

Think it is far simpler to switch to Thunderbird!

Gets rid of the time out problem & has more facilities than BT Yahoo mail

Try it & see

===================================================================

Why do folk keep suggesting to use an email client?? This is NOT the issue. The issue is for those of us who know about email clients, but still want a web based email account! Thunderbird can be opened on your laptop/PC by one click on it's icon, hardly keeping your email secure or private. Having to log in to a web based account does, but the issue is that now BT kick you off every 20 minutes!!
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 92 of 132

Why do you keep missing the point about security, its not the security of someone physically using your device (where they have to be at your location to do so) that is the problem, it is a permanent open login on a server that is available to hackers worldwide.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 93 of 132

Nice to hear from you again. Why do you keep missing the point that what you speak of is to me, and 1000s of others a huge red herring? My laptop is occassionally used by other family members, and I do NOT want them to access my emails by clicking on Thinderbird or Outlook or any other email client.

I want my emails accessible via a web based source where I can log out myself should my laptop go elsewhere. Though when it's in my pocession - I simply want BT to stop bl*dy well logging me out!

allanraymond
Expert
Message 94 of 132

Something good seems to have occurred. From being requested to login into email about every 20 minutes, in the last day or so I can remain in my email without the continual annoying requests.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 95 of 132

====================================================================

Something good seems to have occurred. From being requested to login into email about every 20 minutes, in the last day or so I can remain in my email without the continual annoying requests.

====================================================================

A temporary situation I fear, back to normal this morning with being kicked off every 20 minutes. Ggrrr...

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 96 of 132

Yesterday I had a very stressful situation arise. I was in the middle of reading an email, when it closed down my 'session', which I'm use to now. However, on trying to get back in, I got the following error message!!

email error message.jpg

Now, the only 'multiple attempts' at logging in was me during the day when each time I was kicked off, having to re-log back in again. Took me nearly an hour on the phone to sort this out and they did reset my password. But the most annoying thing is that they were unable to tell me why this error arose in the first place. I'm convinced it's related to them repeatedly getting you to re-log back in numerous times/day.

If it happens to you, the 'premium email helpline' is 0808 100 6778

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 97 of 132

Its probably due to one of 2 things.

Somebody using the 'correct' password but wrong email address, i.e they have inadvertantly mistyped their address as yours and used their password.

Or, more likely, hackers inputting incorrect password.

I will concede that the forced logout regime might have the unintended consequence of increasing the frequency of such error messages. Smiley Wink

plc25849
Beginner
Message 98 of 132

It is when it dumps you out in the middle of composing an email!

And using eg Outlook doesnt allow me to reply using disposable addresses as far as i can see.
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 99 of 132

Just add the disposable address as another mail account in Outlook.

You can then select which account you wish to send from with a drop down list.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 100 of 132

You can add as many email accounts as you want to Outlook including disposable ones. 

When you wish to send an email from Outlook, if you look at the address bar you will see a drop down box with a list of the email accounts that you have set up in Outlook. Select the email account you wish to sent from then just complete your email as normal and press send.

0 Ratings