cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 111 of 132

Re: Staying Logged In?

OK Jason - exactly 'who' is hilarious, and, 'what' exactly are they hilarious at??

0 Ratings
jasonh17
Beginner
Message 112 of 132

still here? ....... bored, yawn? take a baby nap 

0 Ratings
jasonh17
Beginner
Message 113 of 132

Hey man. I'm sorry you've come across one of the awkward 'Sages'. Really sad to read his comments dragging this out for you. It's an issue, don't listen to his nonsense explanantion. I've years dealing with BT and their top tech advisors and unlike Liqourice, do admit there are many issues. My email logs out during typing an email ..... if that is a security solution then that makes it a poor product ..... I've never heard such nonsense and contradiction. I had to post a response.

Credit to your patience, they've clearly intentionally been attempting to 'push your buttons'. 

jasonh17
Beginner
Message 114 of 132

You have missed the point from the start. BT admit there are many issues with their mail. One being logged out whilst writing an email ..... please don't claim thats a security measure. 

jasonh17
Beginner
Message 115 of 132

@Fellwalker @Stephen5000 The responses you've received and the length you had to go to without any solution. From what I've read you've been very patient. It's an issue. @Fellwalker made a great point earlier about continuous logging in.

BT admit there are issues. Prior to this recent issue I've spent weeks in liaison with BT because of Yahoo Mail. So hilarious is in response to the replies from people who claim to be assisting you, who fail to listen to the issue and add their own nonsense reasoning as to why this is occuring. So respect to y'all ...... we are no closer to any useful advice, and meanwhile our email has logged out again 🙂

0 Ratings
jasonh17
Beginner
Message 116 of 132

@Stephen5000 Just for the record, I do use an email client ..... so I understand what they're suggesting, but it's clearly avoiding the issues that BT currently have with their email. It's like saying to avoid issues with the service, do not use the servcie as intended. Connect it to a third party product. Many people who do not know how to set up an Email Client will opt for the simplified BT Yahoo service

jasonh17
Beginner
Message 117 of 132

@Fellwalker wrote:

Exactly ..... the issue is with BT. 

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 118 of 132

Is it just me, or in the last couple of days has anyone else noticed that BT appears to have extended the logging off time to 2 hours?

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 119 of 132

I noticed 1 March  that I didn't have to log back in on a couple of occasions. Let's hope they've seen sense. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 120 of 132

They have definitely extended the kicking off interval to 2 hours. Now, when I log in, I open an adjacent tab with a stopwatch, and when it gets to jut under 2 hours, I re log in as a matter of course. At least now I'm not kicked off in the middle of composing an email! Would still prefer the option to disable an auto log off, but it's a step in the right direction!

Stopwatch:

http://www.timer-tab.com/