cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Stealing and stupidity

I have no words to describe my sheer frustration with this poorly run company. After illegally taking money from us via direct debit, they now owe us over £1000. This has been confirmed by bt and my bank. After two months of being promised a check in the post nothing has arrived. However we did have the most amusing web chat on Monday with bt. As per usual as soon as we went off script we got cut off. At one point the bt representative just ignored us and when we said we could still see he was on line he admitted he was there so obviously just ignoring us. When we asked for a copy of the web chat it had been doctored to omit this, we have original copies. Of course no answer from bt care.

I am now poised to take this to my solicitor, ombudsman and even a good friend in media as the transcript is hilarious, any thougts?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Stealing and stupidity

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Hi GlenaHearnshaw,

I would like to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact Us" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 5

If your bank is aware of this, invoke the DD guarantee and get the money back from the bank. Then THEY can fight with BT to get it back.

Don't let the bank fob you off ... it is THE LAW that they must refund you when requested to do so.
Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Wouldn't talking to your bank, and reminding them of the Direct Debit Guarantee be an easier route?