cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 36

Stetchworth exchange fibre enabled, what about EO Lines?

It was good to see the stickers on the newly upgraded cabinets in our village, but greatly disappointing to find out I am on an exchange only line.  Is there any way to find out when/if these lines will be capable of fibre service? 

This is the Stetchworth exchange in Cambridgeshire.  Thanks!

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Expert
Message 2 of 36

Re: Stetchworth exchange fibre enabled, what about EO Lines?

Hard to say... How big is your exchange roughly? Is it a small or big place you live in? Openreach do put new cabinets in to upgrade EO lines usually about 6-12 months after the rest of the exchange has gone live.
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 3 of 36

@astar27 wrote:
Hard to say... How big is your exchange roughly? Is it a small or big place you live in? Openreach do put new cabinets in to upgrade EO lines usually about 6-12 months after the rest of the exchange has gone live.

Do they really?

Do you have evidence of this that does not include a trial area?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 36

SamKnows puts the exchange as serving approx 1000 users.  This is primarily across two villages, Dullingham & Stetchworth.  The exchange went live for fibre last week with two cabinets and I have noticed an extra cabinet appear outside the exchange - maybe this is the answer?

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 5 of 36

If the new cabinet outside the exchange is indeed an Infinity (VDSL) cabinet then it would depend on your line length from the exchange as the deciding factor of if you can actually get Infinity.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 36

Is there a definitive way to tell the difference in cabinets? I'm about 1.1Km line length from the exchange, based on figures from the home hub.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 36

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

this gives some idea od speed srop off over distance from cabinet  fttn-speed-graph.gif

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 36

@Steve12 wrote:
Is there a definitive way to tell the difference in cabinets? I'm about 1.1Km line length from the exchange, based on figures from the home hub.

A photo of the cabinets would help as the shape usually gives away what the cab is and also any numbering or lettering on them.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 9 of 36

@pippincp wrote:

@astar27 wrote:

Do they really?

Do you have evidence of this that does not include a trial area?

You keep saying, "Do you have evidence", if I were to provide this evidence then I'm sure I would be breaching some sort of policy on this forum.  Is word not enough, or do you just have to have collective stacks of photographs and diagrams pippincp?

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 10 of 36

Also the cabinet has to first be commissioned before any line checker results will start appearing.

Sorry pippincp but again I don't have any concrete evidence I can provide to satisfy you.
0 Ratings