cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Sticky IP Profile after move to ADSL2+???

Hi,

Recently recieved an e-mail from retail migration on the 5th July to notify me that my network had been upgraded (21CN) and to tell me about the 10 day settling period. We have always had download speed of about 5/6Mps on a noise margin of around 9-12dB but our Home Hub 2 has always been a pain with multiple reboots every day (All lights going out) of its own accord.

Last week I noticed after another random reboot the noise margin shot up to 25dB whilst the speed droppd to 3Mps where it has stayed ever since.

After a bit of research I have cured the HH2 reboot problem (Disabling UnPn and switching to wireless B/G) and fitted an I-plate, but to date the noise margin has not shifted.

Hopefully this is just a case of a stuck IP profile the a helpful MOD can sort out? It's getting quite frustrating and I find myself getting quite obsessional with checking my router stats all the time!

ADSL line status

Connection information

Line state Connected Connection time  3 days, 12:32:12

Downstream  3,072 Kbps  Upstream  1,179 Kbps

ADSL settings  VPI/VCI0/38

Type  PPPoA

Modulation  ITU-T G.992.5

Latency type  Interleaved

Noise margin (Down/Up)  25.1 dB / 6.4 dB

Line attenuation (Down/Up)  35.0 dB / 19.9 dB

Output power (Down/Up)  0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm

Loss of Framing (Local)  0

Loss of Signal (Local)  0

Loss of Power (Local)  0

FEC Errors (Down/Up)  0 / 0

CRC Errors (Down/Up)  217 / 2147480000

HEC Errors (Down/Up)  nil / 0

Error Seconds (Local)  211

Ps Conneted to master socket, no extensions and new filter fitted!

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Sticky IP Profile after move to ADSL2+???

as you are on adsl2+ you are on the new profile system which is 88.2% of connectiojn speed and changes as speed chnages.  you profile is not stuck but it does look like you are in a banded profile due to all the disconenction/resets and as you have 3+ days connection it would normallly release in that period but yours appears stuck.  I would contact the mods to get you out the banded profile

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

banded profile is nothing to do with ip profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

You have a very high SNR value. Are you connected to the test socket?

As Imjolly says you look to be on a banded profile, probably because of connection instability.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

I would not move your connection and remain with stability until the mods get you released from the banded profile then look at your connection if speed not as expected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

I fully agree with Imjolly just et the connection stabilise and wait until the mods get you released from the banding
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Thanks for the advice guys! I've conntacted the mods so we'll wait and see what happens.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

please keep us posted on your progress
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

just patience as it appears from some recent posts that it is taking slightly longer than 3 working days before contacting you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Just a quick update. No mod contact yet, but I've got some speed back!! Downstream noise is now 15dB so hopefully theres still a few Mbps to be had in time!

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 5.08 Mbps

0 Mbps7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 5.08 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 5.34 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.79 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.79Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

you have been released from the banding automatically and there is still more scope for a speed increase if you can get noise margin down to 6db  can you post new adsl stats please

0 Ratings