Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roger06
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Still being billed old rate

Hi

I phoned BT 27 June and they put me on a new 12 month contract at £14 pm for phone and BB. I checked my bill today for 4 July - 4 Aug and I'm still being billed the old rate £18.95. Why does this always happen? Do they assume people don't check their bills?

I've phoned again only to be told the server are 'down' and to call back in 4 hours. What awesome service.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Still being billed old rate

The £14 would not have included the line rental which is £18.99 a month, unless you have paid upfront for Line Rental Saver.

Your bill would include charges at the old rate until you recontracted, then charges at the new rate from the date you recontracted. These are unlikely to tie up with your billing date, so you will have to wait to the next bill to see the benefit of the new contract.

0 Ratings
roger06
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Thanks. It's nothing to do with line rental as I pay that annually.

I was told my new 12 month contract started on the day I phoned, 27 June, so surely July to August's bill would reflect that? Any price increases seem to have no problem going on my bill immediately...

Such a pain that I have to scrutinise my bill to ensure I'm paying the agreed amount.

0 Ratings
roger06
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

In fact my bill has changed. Instead of going down from £17.85 to £14 as agreed, it's gone up to £18.95!

0 Ratings
roger06
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Good grief. BT 'forgot' to place the order. The mind boggles...

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

@roger06 sorry about that, are your getting help with this?

0 Ratings