cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 21 of 26

Re: Still no 2FA on BT Email accounts in 2017

Now that BT have forced the feature of remote router restarts (and may be other remote access features) surely now it is a must to have a 2fa option on the account

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

Don't understand the first part of your message. BT has always been able to "force" software updates and restarts if required. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 26

Sorry, the BT app has a feature with allows remote Hub restarts, which means anyone who is able to login to the BT account can have a physical effect on the BT Hub. All that is need to do this is a username and password.  I don't have any issue with the hub being updated and restarted, I see not way to disable to feature on the BT Hub. I believe this feature requires a great level security on BT accounts

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 26

So in other words the BT account holder's account has to be either hacked or the account holder has to give somebody their BT account username and password which would allow them to restart the BT hub.

I suspect that if somebody has gone to the bother of hacking the BT account,restarting the BT hub is probably not their reason for doing so!

EDIT: I should have added that a BT account holders BTID which gives access to MyBT does not need to be a BT email address so having 2FA on the BT email account would make no difference in this instance.

Highlighted
Message 25 of 26

Very true.

But I would like to see 2FA on the BTID log in as well as the webmail access.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 26

The moderators have stated in this thread "Whilst we wait for Two Step Authentication to be delivered," which would infer to me that it is going to be a feature at some point so it may well be that it will also be a feature of the MyBT log on. 

0 Ratings