cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshlw1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Still no Fibre? Neighbouring Estates all Connected?

I Have friends in the same town as me, in pretty much every estate in the lower of where I live has Fibre but My estate doesn't? post code: LL46 2uw. the neighbouring estates have had Fibre over 1 year now and I am getting really annoyed at the fact that we still have to struggle with 418 ping < Tested just before posting this!

BT seriously need to sort it out because its becoming a joke....

got to the point last year that I got a second line fitted, and at the beginning of this month i cancelled it because I realised how stupid it was that we had to pay for 2 lines coming in to 1 house!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Still no Fibre? Neighbouring Estates all Connected?

Not sure how getting a 2nd line installed would solve your broadband issue.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 4

@joshlw1

Have you tried contacting the Welsh Government? The Welsh Government handles all correspondents for the Superfast Cymru BDUK programme.

According to https://beta.gov.wales/go-superfast/can-i-get-it, the area is within the build stage for FTTP. Of course this is still subject to changes and the stated timescale can change if delays occur.

0 Ratings
RogerB
Guru
Message 4 of 4

If Infinity doesn't become a reality for you soon ... there is another option. Now you have two lines ... they can be taken over by a third party company who will bundle ADSL for you, giving you twice the bandwidth ... but it'll grease your wallet. 😉