cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ziekasakura2
Contributor
Message 21 of 30

Re: Still no fix

So the connection has become stable over the last few days, but my IPprofile is still stuck at 4500kbps

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:3 days, 15:08:04
Downstream:5.031 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):17.7 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):32.7 dB / 18.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.9 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):282561 / 35
CRC Events (Down/Up):28 / 5
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):300 / 2
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):21 / 5

Test Result.jpg

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 30

Your IP profile isn't stuck, its the correct value for your sync speed.
Are you still experiencing loads of disconnections, because the exchange must of seen a lot of instability to shove your noise margin up that far?

You could try taking out the bell wire: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm .

Bell wire 2.jpg

0 Ratings
ziekasakura2
Contributor
Message 23 of 30

Well my sync speed should be at 7128kbps >_> but i dont fancy rebooting the hub to get it back

This thread and my previous one http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Slow-speeds/td-p/241903/highlight/false says it all been going on for a couple of months

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 30

Hi as gouledw has said your current ip profile is not stuck it matches your current connection speed correctly
0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 30

You need to get whatever underlying problem is sorted with your connection first, because if you were to reset your noise margin to get your full 7.938MBPS/8128Kbps sync speed it would only decrease again because of instabibility and the noise margin will rise again.

I would contact the Moderators to get the hissy noise sorted out http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

Can you comfirm if your connected at the test socket?

0 Ratings
ziekasakura2
Contributor
Message 26 of 30

Well i have had 3 engineers come out test the line and its "Fine" apprently, even tried the test socket its fine i can;t keep it in the test socket, because my farther doesn't want the socket it to be messed with, he keeps saying BT should fix the problem, and wont allow for the tests to help he is somewhat stubborn, and when the sync speed is at 7mb or w/e the line is at, the errors occuror at irregular intervals so its not like i can demand an engineer straight away when it starts happening...and i have tried EVERYTHING that has been asked, i have been on these forums for the last month and a half maybe? maybe more, no solution, i want to get the speeds im paying for, and my money doesnt seem to be paying for much, scince their is something wrong.

As far as i know every engineer that has come to visit hasn't been to the exchange to check, and when i mention it they come up with **bleep** and bull storys saying they can't do that or w/e even though BT have told me they will, so my money has gone to waste their too.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:5 days, 18:43:24
Downstream:5.031 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):12.0 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):32.7 dB / 18.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.9 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):523384 / 76
CRC Events (Down/Up):29 / 8
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):300 / 5
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):22 / 8
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 30

is your router normally connected to the master socket?

if it is and your father object to you messing about with test socket as the front of master is then hanging off then maybe as previously suggested a filtered faceplate would help.  this would enable you to connect the hub to the new faceplate and also do away with filters on all the rest of your sockets.

downside is that your broadband will only work when connected to filtered faceplate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 30

Hi as imjolly has said unless you can either use the test socket which then eliminates all extensions in your house from possibly being part of the problem your only choice is to fit a filtered socket at the master socket but as posted this would mean that the only place your hub you could connect would be at that socket until your noise margin drops your connection unfortunately will not improve
0 Ratings
ziekasakura2
Contributor
Message 29 of 30

OKay thanks i submitted to the mods about this and within an hour they got back to me saying they would send an i-plate not sure what one of them are mind you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 30

hope that helps

look forward to new stats after fitting

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings