cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apackwood
Message 1 of 3

Still paying after leaving house

Hi I moved out of my final student house in June but accepted i would have to pay the full first 12 months of my contract. I phoned up and confirmed that i wanted payment to stop after this point. Having just checked i find that I've still been paying by direct debit for this phone line. I cancelled the direct debit on the spot out of anger, although now I'm now worrying the was incorrect (I'm not aware of a way to reinstate it to clear things up officially). I have emailed complaints and am posting on here to see if there is some easier channel?

Cheers

Andrew

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
optatus
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Still paying after leaving house

It depends on how long you had left to cancel, I think, from what I remember, when cancelling it has to be within a two week-ish period. So the agent would have to had noted your details and send off a cancellation request just before the actual cancellation date nearer the time. At least you are out of the 12 month minimum contract so when cancelled the system won't bill you for the rest of the contract. I would advise to call BT and make sure that it is cancelled, last thing you want is someone to be making calls from that line. When the cancellation goes through that should automatically update the billing system therefore stopping the payments being taken. Sounds like it just hasn't been cancelled yet

0 Ratings
Soulvache
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Still paying after leaving house

Hi,

Also, in order to reinstate a DD, you can just contact your bank and request that they do this.

Kyle

=======================================
If you found my post helpful, please give Kudos on the left!
=======================================
0 Ratings