cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Key
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Strange Fibre Issue

This is possibly an openreach issue. However, they have been less than helpful.

I live on a street that is a dead-end. The houses before and after my terraced block  can order BT Inifnity (the next block is an exact match of my own). Unfortunately, we are a block of 8 houses in the middle of the street that do not have access to fibre broadband. It seems lunacy that it has bypassed my house.

I am limited to 2.5 Mb/S broadband and it's horrendous when working from home.

How do I get to the bottom of this issue? When using the openreach predictor I get the message below.

"Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet. This might be because the length of the line is too long to get Superfast speeds. We're actively looking at other options. If you'd like us to let you know if fibre becomes available, register your details."

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Strange Fibre Issue

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Key
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

I inserted the information you asked for below.

The cabinet is roughly 150 yards from my front door. What is frustrating me is that my next door neighbour is able to order (his house is spereated from my own by about 10 feet)

i also included a plan view of my street. The cabinet is shown in magenta. Houses circled in green can receive fibre. My block is in red and my house is marked with a red arrow.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Broadband 1.JPG

Broadband.JPG

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

it looks like unfortunately you are to far from your fibre cabinet unfortunately phone lines do not travel in straight lines and the way your line is routed you are out of fibre range
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

looks like your line is too long. Do all addresses in the block show the same message? What speed estimates do the blocks beside show?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Key
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

Thanks for you help. i appreciate it.

It seems unlikely it's a distance thing The cable route can't run behind my house, it's solid rock that had to be dynamited back for my house to be built. It can't come in from behind the house across the street from me tiehr as there is a cliff over the fence from him. i seen the cables being pulled about 5years ago when we moved to the house. The cabinet is at the start of my street (about 300 yards long). I spoke to the guy when he was installing the new cabinet and he said it would serve my whole housing estate.

It is strange that the guy who's front door is 20 yards away from me, and further from the cabinet can get fibre. considering the only cable route is along the road/pavement that passes my house.

0 Ratings
Key
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

My next door neighbour from the next block shown below.

The houses in my block have ADSL only. I described how I know the cabling passes my house in the reply above.

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availibility Date

WBC SOGEA Availibility Date

HighLowHighLow      

VDSL Range A (Clean)80802020--Available--
VDSL Range B (Impacted)8072.12018.5--Available--
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

Then you need to continue to pester Openreach and have them double check their records.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 20

you are on cab 14 but did not include cab information for neighbours who can access fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Key
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

They are in the same cab.
0 Ratings