cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John25Roberts
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 20

Re: Strange Fibre Issue

It's not Openreach who you need to 'pester'. It's a Wholesale Database Issue.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

Surely it's Openreach? They provide Wholesale with the data as to what services a line can support and which speeds are to be expected depending on line loss etc, provided by the remote testing equipment in the exchange which I believe updates ever 4-6 weeks?

The Openreach website on the where and when checker says it's not available, possibly due to line length.

If Openreach have an incorrectly recorded d-side line length, then that would be the root cause of the issue.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

It's definitely an Openreach issue as the OP won't be able to order through Sky or TalkTalk for example, and they have no relationship with BT Wholesale or their data.

They, like BT Wholesale, are provided data by Openreach.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
John25Roberts
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 20

Openreach only provide Wholesale with the line Routing. As they have provided Wholesale with the correct line routing, i.e. What PCP he's on then not more they can do.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

I think you'll find that it's Openreach who provide the speed estimates. Otherwise as I said, how would Sky and TalkTalk get the estimates? They have no business relationship with BT Wholesale.
0 Ratings
John25Roberts
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 20

I never said Openreach didn't provide the estimated speeds.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

You said that Openreach only provide line routing data (which is incorrect in this case as their checker shows fibre is not available despite the correct cabinet number showing). This is not true, the provide the speed estimation data too.

You said that it's Wholesale data which is wrong which is not correct.

Wholesale get their line data from Openreach, so if Openreach data is wrong, then the data BT Wholesale hold is wrong.

The issue is with Openreach data.

0 Ratings
John25Roberts
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 20

No it's not, it's Wholesales data. I know more about it than you.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

I think you'll find you're mistaken.

Could you explain where Wholesale get there information from such as cabinet number?

Can you explain why on the Openreach checker, the OP's line is showing as connected to a cabinet which neighbours can get FTTC services however the Openreach checker and therefore, Openreach data, advises his line is possibly too long?

If the OP were to order through Sky, who do you think Sky would approach to have data rectified? It wouldn't be BT Wholesale, as they have no business relationship with them. It would be Openreach, as Openreach provide the line speed estimation data.

The speed estimation data is produced by Openreach depending on the line length, celerity line loss amongst other factors.

This data is provided to all BT Wholesale alongg with LLU providers suh as Sky and TalkTalk.

You don't know what I know or my background, so your statement is a bit bold.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 20

To the OP, I suggest waiting for a moderator to offer their assistance, they should be able to contact get the data checked out.

Incidentally, they may go to Wholesale to have the data corrected but Wholesale will need to ask Openreach to sort it out. BT retail cannot talk to Openreach directly for issues relating to broadband due to equivalence reasons (to make it fair for all ISP's and to ensure Openreach don't favour BT customers basically)
0 Ratings