cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 29

Re: Strange events in homehub 5 log but got speed increase? New firmware 1.7 maybe ?

How do I found out which firmware version im on?

oh nevermind, found it:

3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated 27/12/13
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 12 of 29

Re: Strange events in homehub 5 log but got speed increase? New firmware 1.7 maybe ?

Mine has kept rebooting for no reason for the last 3 days so I have factory reset it and restored my configuration file which I backed up before all the reboots, lets hope this solves the rebooting issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 29

I've also hard factory reset my hh5 aswell, been stable for the past 12 hours... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 14 of 29

45 minutes shy of 24 hours up and no disconnections so far *touch wood* 

Looks like a factory reset is in order for those effected by this issue, thankfully I had a config backup from before it went breasts up so nothing lost 😄

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 29

Not sure if hard reset made any difference but after the hard reset, it disconnected once again but reverted back to normal speeds:

Connection time:0 days, 16:25:22
Downstream:43.62 Mbps
Upstream:7.989 Mbps
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 29

It is intensely annoying particularly as trying to work from home and the router keeps rebooting.  I can see why some people prefer to run their own routers to avoid BT from remotely messing about at the worst times!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 29

My hh5 worked well for weeks until this week looks like this pushed test firmware 1.7 is to blame that's never seen light of day, hub has rebooted 3 times weds 2 times yesterday and this morning it had only been up and running 12 hours and reboot again the only lucky thing does not seem to have effected my speeds as yet still at 68 down 19 up lets see if the hub can run for all of 24 hours without bt messing with it I doubt it ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 29

My download speed is fine but my upload speed has dropped from 11mb to 7mb.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 29

oh **bleep**.... after power cycling my hh5 download speeds have shot up again, meaning it's going to be unstable again!

Downstream:48.81 Mbps
Upstream:8.056 Mbps
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 20 of 29

Sure its not to do with your HH5 being CFW?. How did you get your stats from the test.package 1.7, if its not CFW?. Mine updated but back in December had no issues at all also cannot find any of the sats you have copy & pasted on my HH5 page. You do know its a bad idea CFW your HH's if that is what you are doing to them. You could never get a replacement if it went wrong also cannot BT do something for example terminate your contract with immediate effect if they found out?, cause I should imagine they would find out if you needed a replacement and had to send it back or an engineer visit was necessary. I dont know if this is a fact at all by the way but I would imagine BT themselves read these threads.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings