cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithn
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Strange phone call re: BT contract

I've been with BT Sport for two years - since the start - and have had no problems so far. We also have phone and broadband. And I received an email which said I do not need to do anything and will get the Champions League when it starts.

I've just received a strange call from a hesistant chap who said he was from BT (the number was 0800 4080066) and that I had to renew my contract from 1 August, but he then said he was getting messages on his computer to say he could not do it and that I had to ring the 'customer options' teams on 01324 452504 to re-activate my account. He also said that the HD channels will now be an extra £4 a month.

This all sounded like a scam to me. And when I googled the number there was a reference that it would cost £1 a minute and the first thing they do is put you on hold.

Has anyone had similar calls?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
keithn
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Strange phone call re: BT contract

I've just googled the 0800 number (sorry, I should have done that in the first place) and others report it is not BT but a separate company. So it is a scam. Clever, though, I wonder how they got all my BT information.
0 Ratings