Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamannj
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Strange phone calls

Go to solution

Hi, I keep receiving strange phone calls nearly everyday since Sept, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, says nothing but the beeping sound. I have dialed 1471 but can't find out the number.

Does anyone can tell me how to block this kind of call, please?

That's very annoying to me.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Strange phone calls

Go to solution

If the number is withheld, then the Choose To Refuse service from BT will allow you to block the number, even if its withheld.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8500/~/all-about-choose-to-refuse

BT used to offer this free for the first month, but I am not sure if that is still the case.

0 Ratings
kamannj
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your replied.

Is that the only way can block those calls? I don't want to pay £3.90 a month because of those strange calls. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

You could buy a call blocker, or one of the new BT phones that do the same, but that would block all withheld call.

Choose To Refuse can actually "see" the number of a withheld call, and block it, but you cannot see it. It reads back on the list, that you have blocked an unknown number.

There is no free way to do it

0 Ratings
kamannj
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you very much!

0 Ratings
gutted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I use the bt phone with the blocker option and it is very good i can block any type of number so i do not get any time waister calls any more

0 Ratings