Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quiethouse
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Streaming BT Sport from iphone to TV help

Go to solution

I'd like to stream BT Sport from my iphone to my TV as it said on BT's help page

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44724/kw/stream%20bt%20sport%20from%20phone%20to%20tv...                                                                                                                                                     

Q Can I stream the BT Sport channels from the BT Sport App or online player to my TV?

A Yes, if you have the technology at home to connect your PC, laptop, or device to your TV, then you'll be able to view the app content through your TV.

I've been to the Apple store and brought a device http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD098ZM/A/apple-digital-av-adapter to stream from iphone to hdmi on TV, it didn't work on BT sport app but did stream BBC iplayer and ITV player, so went to Maplin with phone and tried another wire in store http://www.maplin.co.uk/apple-to-rca-connection-kit-588927 from iphone to RCA connectors in TV, that didn't work with BT sport either. 

I've asked on the BT sport facebook page but only get the standard reply of ''this is something that we do not offer support on, I am sure there is ways of streaming form the phone to the TV but we do not provide the equipment to do this, BT Sport Help''

I also asked, if, as the developer of the app, It is up to BT surely to include the functionality in the app for it to stream to a television set as they have stated that it will do this in the help section that I linked to above which was on the BT website. 

Has anyone managed to stream BT Sport from an iphone to a TV and if they did could they please tell me what they used as I'm getting no answers at all from BT.

Many Thanks.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
GarethW
Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Streaming BT Sport from iphone to TV help

Go to solution
Works if you get an Apple TV.
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
I thought it would work with that Apple adapter you bought though.
0 Ratings
quiethouse
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

The 'genius' as they like to call themselves in the Apple store said it didn't work because there was probably a block on the app streaming to the television but BT say there is no such block.

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
There's no block over AirPlay,

I think it's not working because of the way the app is designed. The phone doesn't go grey, with the video icon, it stays in the app. Can you 'Mirror' the site using the lead (or did you take it back?), double click home, and scroll to the left twice. This will only play in 4:3 if it works at all, probably.

Apple TV's are £85 for a refurbished one on the Apple website, that definitely does work.
0 Ratings
quiethouse
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

No I took the wire back to Apple, as I said, the guy I spoke to never even tried it in the shop just said it must be blocked, I'm getting really fed up, all I want to do is watch the sport on my TV. 

0 Ratings
duncansby
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Amazon are currenlty selling the Apple TV for £76 - a bit pricey for what you need but it does work very well. Watched two live games with it over the weekend

0 Ratings
quiethouse
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Many thanks, brought Apple TV and it works, expensive way of getting the free sport but at least it's now working.

0 Ratings
duncansby
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

The apple tv is also very good for Netflix

0 Ratings
bonnyrigger
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Works fine for me from an iPad 4, bar some issues with screen sizing. I always plug in the AV adaptor to the iPad before I start the BT Sport App - not sure if this is relevant or not.

0 Ratings