I've recently bought a TP Link Archer A7 router to replace my ageing Home Hub 3. I'm using it with the originally supplied Openreach modem that came with the Home Hub 3.
I'm connected to BT over PPPoE using the standard login details I'm sure you've seen a million times, and through that I've managed to get internet connectivity over IPv4 working flawlessly. Once all that was sorted I decided to try and enable IPv6 since the router supports it but that has not gone well.
I've enabled IPv6 on the router and set PPPoE as the connection type, using the same login details as for IPv4. Originally this did not even seem to generate an IP address for me, so I switched everything over to Google's DNS servers which means that I now get assigned an IP address on the router page, but none of my devices can see or access it.
I've seen reports online of TP Link routers assigning a /64 prefix when BT requires a /56 but I'm not sure how true that is or whether it's the issue I'm currently having.
The router itself definitely sees a problem as I'm given an error image on the status screen for IPv6 as below:
I'm not a networking professional by any stretch but seem to have tried everything I can think of, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
IPv6 capability is a bit hit and miss on TP Link devices, you would be better posting on the TP Link Forum. BT require /56 prefix delegation which not all TP Link routers support.
Are you on the latest Firmware?
If not then try updating it, if it still doesnt work on the latest Firmware it probably means they haven't implimented /56 yet.
If you don't mind possible voiding your warranty. You can try to flash OpenWRT onto the Archer A7.
I've done it on my A7 and it works great! IPv6 support worked right out of the box.
Do note that after right flashing OpenWRT the device may stop responding to requests from your device on its first boot, give it five minutes and then reboot it, it should come back it.
Do this at your own risk since there is a chance of possibly bricking the device.
To enable BT TV through OpenWRT, I've found this blog to be useful:
I have contacted the support of tplink, it seems they have prepared the firmware for BT IPV6:https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2942/
After upgrading the firmware of A7, I found they have added a option "Non-Address" to work with BT IPV6.