Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahwood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Stuck IP profile

Go to solution

Hi can any of the moderators help with this please I have had no joy with either BT or openreach "helplines" hopefully you can assist. My problem has been numerous disconnections due to faulty line bad weather and power cuts, my line is apparently OK now as per 2 BT engineers visits but my DSL /IP profile has remained at 2mgs and seems stuck. It used to show 7.5 Openreach have refused to help saying a proper reset must be requested by BT service personal. Any ideas? I have tried just leaving the router on and the other methods of direct to the test port already but no change. My BT router showed numerous disconnections 4-5 per day and I am now using a Draytek one that has had no problems. The line is ASDL Exchange type ie no green box and the computer is hard line not WiFi and I have no alternative for BB yet so the few Mgs difference makes a huge difference I used to get speeds of about 4.5 but this has remained at 1.8 for weeks now. Thanks hopefully for any reply Andy Wood.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
PaddyB
Message 2 of 12

Re: Stuck IP profile

Go to solution

Hi @ahwood,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
until you can maintain a stable connection for 3/5 days your IP Profile will not release can you please post the stats from your Draytek including connection time
0 Ratings
ahwood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
LAN Status Primary DNS: 213.120.234.62 Secondary DNS: 213.120.234.2 IP Address TX Packets RX Packets 192.168.1.1 316753 285471 WAN 1 Status >> Drop PPPoA Enable Line Name Mode Up Time Yes ADSL ahwood PPPoA 27:35:12 IP GW IP TX Packets TX Rate(Bps) RX Packets RX Rate(Bps) 86.170.89.117 217.32.98.122 550891 306 595298 325 ADSL Information ( ADSL Firmware Version: 2471201_A) ATM Statistics TX Cells RX Cells TX CRC errs RX CRC errs 4854474 9842276 0 8 ADSL Status Mode State Up Speed Down Speed SNR Margin Loop Att. G.DMT SHOWTIME 448000 2752000 14 41 ADSL max on BT checker I know uptime only 27hrs but was previously much longer before I stupidly listened to the BT help line suggestion with no change in IP profile I was beginning to wonder if BT throttle a non BT router as the line definately used to show 7.5 on the BT wholesale check which gave me speed of about 4.5 on a good day.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

your profile does not appear stuck but due to your connection speed of 2752kbps you have a correct profile of 2mb  you need to get a stable connection to get noise margin down and speed up and then profile will improve

higher speed gets higher profile not the other way round

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ahwood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

I have had stable connection for about 10days before BT told me to restart it but IP profile has remained at 2 

I understood there was a Noise/ DSL reset method that can be done and was confirmed by openreach but can only be requested by BT. 

Surely any new line is set high and works down not the other way?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

As I said your profile us not stuck but is correct for your current connection speed. Normally after 3/5 days I would expect your noise margin to start to reduce towards normal 6db with corresponding increases in speed resulting in profile increases

can you report your current stats and see if any changes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ahwood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
TX CRC errs RX CRC errs 6811826 45344352 0 12 ADSL Status Mode State Up Speed Down Speed SNR Margin Loop Att. G.DMT SHOWTIME 448000 2752000 14 41 Hi it still looks the same and did so prior to the recent reset and Q/L test is also silent any suggestions please ?
0 Ratings
ahwood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
Sorry tried to tidy the paste and looked alright until posting but is readable.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Use the mod contact us link @PaddyB posted and complete the form   Ask mods to reset noise margin back to normal 6db which will get speed back which in turn will correct the profile 

0 Ratings