cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strontium90
Expert
Message 1 of 21

Stuck Profile Again...

My girlfriend tripped over my modem on Saturday and pulled the powerline out...This ONE ****ing disconection has resulted in a banded/stuck ip profile....

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1803 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4544 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps

Now the maximum I can get is 2000kps...

Stats from router

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 4544 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 53.0 db 27.0 db
Noise Margin 5.4 db 18.0 db

Connection time from router stats

WAN: 1 days, 08:11:49

LAN: 2 days, 03:06:25

Please don't tell me to wait 3/5 days...when the BT Speedtester shows the maximum I can get is 2000kps I need the banding lifted...Last time I had to email Ian Livingstone (BT CEO)....I am absolutelly sick of the DLM BT uses to truncate customers band width...it's an absoulute disgrace as I pay for an "up to 8meg" product...not "up to 2meg"....

If this is not sorted I am going to ofcom, and think customers should be compenstaed when the DLM cuts their profile..If I bought a car thats top speed was 100 mph only to find it limited to 20 mph I would sue the vendor...whats the ****ing Difference?

I have already emailed the mods..btw...have the phone number for CEO's office so better get this sorted or I'm gonna kick up stink...I mean One disconnection....and I consider BT ...wish I could get ANYONE else!!!!

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: Stuck Profile Again...

the new profile system will suit you down to the ground.  it gives 88.2% of your connection speed and changes as speed chnages - no more waiting. It is being rolled out over next couple months

you seem to have a lot of profile problems where a disconnection drops your profile but that is normal under existing system if reconnect speed is low compared to speed before disconnection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
strontium90
Expert
Message 3 of 21

I'm sure it will be better...but at the moment I'm paying for a product I'm not getting...I'm on "up to 2meg"...therefore I have every right to sue BT...

The reason I have problems is because I live on a farm and BT would need to renew the poles (GPO era)...replace sections of the line and shield it properly from the overhead 11kv line causing REIN..a start would be to trim the ivy off their poles and cut branches that the line is "supported" by..LOL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
raymie67
Expert
Message 4 of 21

I know that this will not really help but I would be very suprised if BT is responsible for cutting trees that effect any line unless the trees are on BT property.

I know that I have to keep  trees near my line well away from it and that BT engineers do check (although they do accept that my line issues are never wind related).

I would suggest trying to get any branches connecting with the line removed, will not help at the moment but if the trees damage the line eventually then I think you would get charged for the repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
strontium90
Expert
Message 5 of 21

The electric co cuts the trees...the treesthat are affecting me are on a neighbours farm...but anyway...why am I paying for up to 8meg when my profile shows max I can get is 2meg...

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 6 of 21

The profile thing is annoying I agree, I also live on a farm and am happy to get 1mbs on my 8-9 km line, less happy when the profiile goes to 135 or whatever the lowest one is.!!

I just mention the trees since one of the BT spiels about charges does warn that if the line is damaged you would possibly be liable, more complicationed however if the tree is not yours, I guess I am lucky that the only ones near my line where it is overhead are on my side of the fence line (which the line actually follows).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

your connection is showing over 4mb just a matter of waiting for you profile to rise another suggestion put the hub where it cannot be tripped over would seem to be a good idea could save the frustration of a disconnection. as to suing your on a loser there as the product is sold as an up to product it would never get to court
0 Ratings
strontium90
Expert
Message 8 of 21

Line has been reset (Thanks Stuart)...now have to wait till profile rises which I've been advised can take a couple of hours...will post when it rises...

0 Ratings
strontium90
Expert
Message 9 of 21

Am syncing lower than before but my profile has risen to 3000kps...thanks Stuart for prompt intervention....

0 Ratings
strontium90
Expert
Message 10 of 21

Stuck again...ffs

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1852 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4352 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps

0 Ratings