cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Stuck at 0.25 Mbps for 16 days after line repair

Hello,

I am currently experiencing some very slow broadband speeds following repair of a line fault. I believe it is due to a banded profile, although I'm not an expert.

We had terrible noise on our telephone line. As you can imagine, our broadband was severely affected. The fault was repaired on 18th June and now the telephone line is nice and quiet.

However, the broadband has failed to recover. It's now been 16 days since the repair and I've been pulling my hair out. I was told I have to wait 10 days or more for the broadband to recover. Can anyone explain why this is necessary? Contractually am I obliged to suffer an extended period of low speed following a repair? I'm sitting here staring at a solid 32 dB SNR margin whilst paying BT for an unusuable broadband connection.

I have paid for a 3G Modem and SIM card because the BT Broadband is currently unusable. Has anyone ever had success in recovering these type of costs from BT?

Any advice appreciated. Speedtests and router stats below (Draytek Vigor 2830n).

Thanks,

Brian

BT0.JPG

BT1.PNG

PN2.PNG

Signal-Noise Ratio Margin

BT4.PNG

Loop Attenuation

bt5.PNG

bt6.PNG

bt7.PNG

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Stuck at 0.25 Mbps for 16 days after line repair

i agree you are in a banded profile and need to stay connected 24/7 for 3/5 days and the banding should release and noise margin drop down to 12/15db with corresponding speed increase. You then to remain connected as noise margin drops probably in steps of 3db until it gets to normal 6db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings