cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Stuck on 'attempting to authenticate' connection in Windows 8

I'm not quite sure what I've done, but would appreciate any support! I was trying to change my wireless key password to something more memorable, and thought I had done so successfully. I used my laptop to do this, I'm on windows 8. However what appears to have happened is that my laptop will not now connect to my Home Hub 5 and is stuck on 'attempting to authenticate'. All our other devices, iPads, iPhones etc have remained connected with no problem at all. I cannot find a way to move past this point on my laptop and would appreciate any support people could offer to resolve this issue! Thanks!!
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Stuck on 'attempting to authenticate' connection in Windows 8

Are your other devices connecting with the old or new passkey? It sounds as though you have just changed the passkey for the hub connection on your laptop rather than changing it on the hub. Just restore it to the old passkey.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Yes I think that's what happened, but can't work out how to restore it to the old password, is this easy? Thanks for your help!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Delete any existing connections on your laptop for the home hub, then rescan again, and connect with the new password, as Windows 8 is storing the old password in its settings, and trying to use that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

OK, sorry to be slow but I have clicked 'forget this network' and the tried to reconnect but it hasn't worked. Could you possibly point me to step by step directions on how to delete then reconnect to my home hub? Thanks so much,
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Ignore previous post, I think I was being impatient as it is now working, thank you for your help, you are a star!!
0 Ratings