Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
beau-24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Stuck profile at 1 meg please help!

Go to solution

Hello, New to the forum hope someone can help! My connection has been stuck at 1148 kbps for approx 7 days. Rebooted router tonight Netgear DG834G, connection speed remains the same. My results from the BT Speedtester indicate my profile is stuck at 1.01 Mbps. Do I need to contact the mods so they can reset my profile? Up until last week I have had a stable connection at 8 Mbps with no drop outs or any noise on the line. Connection stats listed below.

speedtester.JPG    routerstats.JPG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Stuck profile at 1 meg please help!

Go to solution

your low profile is due to your low connection speed.  your profile is not stuck as it is on new system and is 88.2% of conenction speed and changes immediately your connection speed changes

the problem is your low connection speed and high noise margin.  has the router been resetting often or have you been resetting router to try and improve your connection speed or both.

are you connected to master or preferably the test socket which will help your connection.

if quiet line test is ok then you need to leave your connection on 24/7 for 3/5 days and it should recover.  if noise on quiet line then you need to report a phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
beau-24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I have been resetting the router maybe once a week to improve my connection, probably making matters worse. Ran the quiet line test all ok. Connected to master with no extensions in the test socket.  Will let you know if speed improves. Many thanks for quick replySmiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
A stable connection is the most important thing restarts are the worse thing you can do as it can cause the exchange equipment to see the line as unstable this has currently put you in a Banded Profile and now needs 3/5 days connection and providing there are no restarts should start to rise automatically
beau-24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Just a quick update regarding my connection speed. My speed has now increased to 9 Mbps after almost 3 days connection time. All fixed now thanks guys for your assistanceSmiley Happy

stats.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Glad all is now ok 😉
0 Ratings