cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukudav
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Stupid stupid email from BT

Just got an email about about extending Line Rental Saver on an account. I have several accounts but the **** email doesn't tell me which LRS is about to expire.

Remarks about arranging a drinks party in a brewery apply.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Stupid stupid email from BT

Did you not keep a note of when you took out each Line Rental Saver on your accounts!

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Unfortunately you have to keep your own record as the emails BT send out are always very vague and sometimes inaccurate. Basic information that should be supplied is often not. BT are becoming more 3rd rate in this regard.

0 Ratings
allanraymond
Expert
Message 4 of 9

Not sure if this helps, but if you login into each of your accounts on each of the the billing pages you should see a message like

Line Rental Saver. You've paid in advance until 14 Aug 2017, making it easy for you and saving you money.

0 Ratings
bobdanbh
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

@gg30340 Life's too short (at least, what probably remains of my life is too short) to keep records of everything. My elec/gas/water bills manage to have the address on. Not having the account or phone number is just poor design.

It's equally daft that I couldn't pay all the LRSs in advance as the system says you have to do it within 28 days of the renewal. For Heaven's sake, I'm trying to give BT money in advance.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

@bobdanbh wrote:

@gg30340 Life's too short (at least, what probably remains of my life is too short) to keep records of everything. My elec/gas/water bills manage to have the address on. Not having the account or phone number is just poor design.

It's equally daft that I couldn't pay all the LRSs in advance as the system says you have to do it within 28 days of the renewal. For Heaven's sake, I'm trying to give BT money in advance.

Life too short to take a quick note or just stupid not to, I suppose it's a matter of opinon. 

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Calling out someone as being "stupid" in a public forum is rather childish.

As for keeping a note of dates, yes its something I do, BUT, like the guy says, why can't BT make things easier for customers by giving the relevant and necessary information. Any wonder they mess things up so much. They are so far behind the competition in even the simplest of tasks which is very disappointing.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@MadRob wrote:

Calling out someone as being "stupid" in a public forum is rather childish.

... and so is the title of the thread!

0 Ratings
bobdanbh
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I can assure everyone that I wasn't offended by @ gg30340 's comment since I had stated that I fell into the first part of the disjunction. It may well have been a non-exclusive OR though.

It's the first time I've paid the up-front money so I don't think I was silly to expect BT to tell me what line I should pay for.

I still think the email was - shall I put it this way - not as helpful as it could have been; and that a little thought before the template was committed could have saved me and others time.