cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: Stupidly slow broadband for over a month (paying for service but not getting it) :(

takes a few days for mods to respond especially at weekend  I think mods are your best hope for a solution

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GeorgieP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Re: Stupidly slow broadband for over a month (paying for service but not getting it) :(

The lack of communication at BT is incredible. Its amazing how they record specific notes/call records like the selling of products, but not the service.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Call-Packages/Taken-to-the-Ombudsman-Service-My-story-with-BT/td-p/211003
0 Ratings
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 21

Not good at all and it is starting to really **bleep** me off now 😞

0 Ratings
GeorgieP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

My direct debit is being cancelled. I work for the Financial Services and am well aware that you cannot pay for a service, which doesnt exist!

http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Call-Packages/Taken-to-the-Ombudsman-Service-My-story-with-BT/td-p/211003
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 21

As imjolly has said the mods are your best bet they will get it sorted just give them some time to respond they are a small team and there are only a few of them about at weekends the normal advise is give them up to 72 hours to reply a little longer at weekends as all mails are dealt with in turn
0 Ratings
Willpeters
Message 16 of 21

Pathetic, why should I stay with bt

Why am I paying for this? I am150m from the exchange ht have to send this via 3G, despite having a brand new home hub that I am sitting 1 foot away from. PATHETIC BT I am moving to virgin media as soon as the allegded 24 hr customer service comes back on line tomorrow at 9am. Gavin Paterson I will make sure that you are made aware of why your division is so appalling -
0 Ratings
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 21

Re: Pathetic, why should I stay with bt

Hello,

Seems to be a little bit faster at around 6- 7meg but the noise margin has rocketed up to 15.3 along with a number of errors.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:6 days, 00:41:33
Downstream:8.429 Mbps
Upstream:1.14 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):15.3 dB / 6.2 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):24.4 dB / 10.8 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.6 dBm / 12.1 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):706 / 206
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):608 / 112
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):268542 / 368

Home Image not loadedTesting Image not loadedResult Image not loaded

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

<script type="text/javascript"></script> Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 6360 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 6360 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8631 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1167 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 3.93:16.4:79.68 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 858 Kbps

0 Kbps1167 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 858 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 1167 Kbps

Having said this I have inspected the BT cable that comes down the side of the house- Results:- Outer casing rotting away, hanging off the wall and generally in a poor state (probably the cause of the fault).

The Broadband is perfectly useable (at the moment) but it isnt anywhere near as fast as it was 3 months ago (9 meg+).

Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 21

after all the problems connection looks really stable and connection speed is good but noise margin is high still.  as you have over 6 days stable connection I would consider asking mod to reset your noise margin to 6 which should improve your connection speed  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 21

Back to square **bleep**ing one again Smiley Mad

Thank god we're moving house within the next few month because I'll just cancel the account and direct debit, pay for what we used and go elsewhere, leaving BT clueless as to where we moved to.

Smiley Sad

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

You will be doing without a phone line then??? because without a bt line unless you move to a cable area you will have no service phone or broadband as the lines are provided and maintained by openreach
0 Ratings