cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vidl0001
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Subscription channels

I can't view any of the channels I'm paying for.

My order is still open despite it all looking completed.

I'm only getting numpties when I try to contact bt!! No one appears to be able to solve it.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8

Re: Subscription channels

What messages or error codes do you see when you try?
0 Ratings
vidl0001
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

When we try to access any subscription channel, the screen goes black then a box appears which says "there is a problem with your broadband which is affecting ...... Check the connection between your box and router, then restart the router. IPC6011" 

Then the broadband drops out and doesn't come back till we move the channel back to freeview and the router reboots

0 Ratings
robert8474
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

This is the same problem I have. BT customer service say my line speed is too low but it all worked fine before changing to youview box. I can access subscription channels on the computer, wifi, and send it to chromecast, wifi, as a work around but not a proper solution. An engineer is coming this week. Will let you know what happens.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8

I can't be sure but it sounds like the same problem I had about 4 months ago, I spent ages on the phone to BT to no avail so I decided to try something myself.

I used to have a BT Homehub 5 till I upgraded(?) to the smarthub(??), I simply replaced my HH6 with my old HH5 and everything was fine. BT sent me another HH6 which I fitted and (touch wood) that also works fine.

If you have another router then give it a try, if not then I suggest that you completely remove the power to your router, wait about one minute then power it up again and see if it works.

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Are you able to get the free catchup programs, iplayer etc?

0 Ratings
vidl0001
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Yes can even watch the subscription on demand just not live

0 Ratings
vidl0001
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Well the engineer has been today and the problem is with the home hub 6. We have put our very old hub 3 back and everything is running beautifully!! 

I have contacted BT and asked for a replacement hub6 which should be with us on Friday

0 Ratings